When should I start the course?
I recommend from 24 weeks of pregnancy. Most people start their course around 28 weeks, but I’d say go with whenever it is best for you.
Should my partner attend?
It will be beneficial if your partner came with you to each session, but it’s not essential. Hypnobirthing works with or without a partner.
What does the course include?
In addition to as much knowledge and experience pertinent to you that I can pack into the time we have together, the following is included:
- A parenting pack to support course content;
- The Hypnobirthing Book by Katherine Graves, with an introduction by Michel Odent;
- The KG Hypnobirthing course relaxation audio/MP3;
- Post-birth meet up – arranged at a time convenient to all the new parents you met at the hypnobirthing sessions. We’ll meet for an informal chat over tea and cake to hear about your hypnobirthing experience.
How much does it cost?
Where can I find more hypnobirthing information online?
Can classes still go ahead with the risks of COVID-19?
The priority is the health and wellbeing of my clients and families.
I am following the government advice and RCOG guidelines to ensure best and safe practice. I fully support RCOG’s recommendation for precautionary social distancing for pregnant women.
In the event of another lockdown or increase in local COVID-19 cases the group course will be moved to an online course. When not in lockdown I will continue face-to-face whilst adhering to the following information –
- Face-to-face group classes will facilitate social distancing of 2 meters between each couple attending.
- Couples may choose to wear a face mask at the class.
- There will be hand sanitising on arrival and hand gel available.
- Couples encouraged to bring own refreshments to class.
- Please do not attend class if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19.